From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Current Dells and UEFI/secureboot (or other showstoppers)?
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 22:21:08
1 On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 05:39:15PM +0000, Stroller wrote
2 >
3 > Decide whether or not you need a new PC and make a new post -
4 > UEFI/secureboot is irrelevant to poor YouTube performance.
5
6 I may not have been as clear as I wanted to be. With the increase in
7 my download speed, the bottleneck to Youtube/etc performance is now my
8 PC. I *HAVE* decided to replace it. The only question is with what.
9
10 As per the subject line, I'm asking if current Dells have any
11 showstoppers for Gentoo. If not, I'll probably go with a Dell. My
12 usage patterns may be different from yours, but Dells have lasted more
13 years for me than other brands or custom-built machines.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications