From: "Marzan
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't emerge X11
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:33:08
1 It should not build anything not related to your video card. Make sure
2 the variables are set correctly. Then, run emerge --info and see if that
3 setting has taken effect. If it has not then run #source /etc/make.conf.
4 then check emerge --info and see if sis is the value set for
5 VIDEO_CARDS.
6
7 -----Original Message-----
8 From: Dennis Taylor [mailto:dtaylor1952@×××××.com]
9 Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:25 AM
10 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
11 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't emerge X11
12
13 Marzan, Richard non Unisys wrote:
14 > Yes, there is a variable that you can set in /etc/make.conf
15 >
16 > VIDEO_CARDS="sis"
17 > ALSA_CARDS="emu10k1" ##nice one to set as well
18 >
19 I guess I did something wrong because it still wanted to build all the
20 card types.
21 > To see a full list of the cards available for the variables run
22 > #emerge --info
23 >
24 >>From the output you can see which options are available. Once you set
25 > these variables in make.conf portage will not build the other
26 packages.
27 > For example; I have VIDEO_CARDS="nv" so when I build X if does not
28 > compile anything depending with sis or any of the other options
29 > available for the VIDEO_CARDS option.
30 >
31 > -----Original Message-----
32 > From: Daniel da Veiga [mailto:danieldaveiga@×××××.com]
33 > Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 2:01 PM
34 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
35 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't emerge X11
36 >