From: Dennis Taylor <dtaylor1952@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't emerge X11
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:36:51
1 Marzan, Richard non Unisys wrote:
2 > Yes, there is a variable that you can set in /etc/make.conf
3 >
4 > VIDEO_CARDS="sis"
5 > ALSA_CARDS="emu10k1" ##nice one to set as well
6 >
7 I guess I did something wrong because it still wanted to build all the
8 card types.
9 > To see a full list of the cards available for the variables run
10 > #emerge --info
11 >
12 >>From the output you can see which options are available. Once you set
13 > these variables in make.conf portage will not build the other packages.
14 > For example; I have VIDEO_CARDS="nv" so when I build X if does not
15 > compile anything depending with sis or any of the other options
16 > available for the VIDEO_CARDS option.
17 >
18 > -----Original Message-----
19 > From: Daniel da Veiga [mailto:danieldaveiga@×××××.com]
20 > Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 2:01 PM
21 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
22 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't emerge X11
23 >