From: "Marzan
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't emerge X11
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 18:46:23
1 Yes, there is a variable that you can set in /etc/make.conf
2
3 VIDEO_CARDS="sis"
4 ALSA_CARDS="emu10k1" ##nice one to set as well
5
6 To see a full list of the cards available for the variables run
7 #emerge --info
8
9 >From the output you can see which options are available. Once you set
10 these variables in make.conf portage will not build the other packages.
11 For example; I have VIDEO_CARDS="nv" so when I build X if does not
12 compile anything depending with sis or any of the other options
13 available for the VIDEO_CARDS option.
14
15 -----Original Message-----
16 From: Daniel da Veiga [mailto:danieldaveiga@×××××.com]
17 Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 2:01 PM
18 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
19 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can't emerge X11
20