From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge sys-apps/util-linux-2.12r-r4 fails
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 23:44:22
1 Peter Alfredsen wrote:
2 > On Thursday 04 January 2007 23:37, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Peter Alfredsen wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Thursday 04 January 2007 19:39, Dale wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> Anybody know how to fix this?
9 >>>>
10 >>> Yeah, -r4 fails for me too. -r5 compiles beautifully, though.
11 >>> Just add this line to /etc/portage/package.keywords:
12 >>> =sys-apps/util-linux-2.12r-r5 ~x86
13 >>>
14 >>> And re-emerge it.
15 >>>
16 >>> HTH
17 >>>
18 >> Oh, may try that. I'm using a script that I found on the forums to do
19 >> this instead of emerge -ev world. It is something I found when updating
20 >> gcc a good while back. According to some emerge doesn't do them in the
21 >> correct order but this script does. It starts out with the kernel so it
22 >> is different.
25 > Yes, I've read about that. Looks nice. There should be file where you can
26 > alter stuff like this, IIRC.
29 >> Now to go figure out how to get this script to emerge that version
30 >> without starting over. ;)
31 >>
32 >> Now to figure out what the deal was on my CFLAGS.
35 > I think your CFLAGS are probably fine. I have sane (march, pipe,
36 > fomitframepointer) CFLAGS and the problem is still there. If they've worked
37 > for you before with no problems, they will probably work for you again.
38 >
39 > I think your problem probably is that you're trying to build a system based
40 > off a 2.6.19 kernel/headers while remaining in stable for the rest of the
41 > tree. I guess that this is the case because there is only one significant
42 > difference between -r4 and -r5 of util-linux:
43 >
44 >> 31 Oct 2006; Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
45 >> +files/util-linux-2.12r-no-_syscall.patch, util-linux-2.12r-r5.ebuild:
46 >> Fix building with linux-headers-2.6.18+ as _syscall#() no longer exists
47 >> #150852 by Mario Fetka.
48 >>
49 > This will not work without a lot of unmasking. Only ~x86 is fully patched for
50 > 2.6.19.
54 Hmmmmm. I never thought about it updating the kernel headers like
55 that. I don't reboot a lot so I don't upgrade kernels a lot either,
56 unless I have to. Maybe I need to update then re-emerge everything.
57
58 Well, it failed again. I guess I need to fix this kernel thing. It
59 hasn't been long since I had to reboot, changed a hard drive remember,
60 so I'm not loosing much of anything uptime wise. I just have to stop
61 folding for a bit. hmmmmm, may just mask the headers to match my
62 kernel. That should work.
63
64 Thanks.
65