From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge sys-apps/util-linux-2.12r-r4 fails
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 00:34:30
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Peter Alfredsen wrote:
3 > Hmmmmm. I never thought about it updating the kernel headers like
4 > that. I don't reboot a lot so I don't upgrade kernels a lot either,
5 > unless I have to. Maybe I need to update then re-emerge everything.
6 >
7 > Well, it failed again. I guess I need to fix this kernel thing. It
8 > hasn't been long since I had to reboot, changed a hard drive remember,
9 > so I'm not loosing much of anything uptime wise. I just have to stop
10 > folding for a bit. hmmmmm, may just mask the headers to match my
11 > kernel. That should work.
12 >
13 > Thanks.
14 >
15 > Dale
16 >
17 > :-) :-) :-)
18 >
19 > --
20 > www.myspace.com/dalek1967
24 Well, I may need a little help on my thinking. I went ahead and
25 upgraded to a new kernel. Here is the exact version:
26
27 > root@smoker / # uname -r
28 > 2.6.18-gentoo-r6
29 > root@smoker / #
30
31 I rebooted, re-emerged nvidia-drivers too, and it still fails. I'm
32 missing something here. I'm in the new kernel too. I edited the grub
33 line at boot up to make sure.
34
35 I'm going to try the newer version of util-linux and see if that helps.
36
37 Oh well, I got me a new kernel. :D
38
39 Any ideas in case this don't work?