From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install on ZFS
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 04:12:12
1 >>I'm trying to get started on my first Gentoo install on ZFS. My
2 >>remote server is booted to a Gentoo LiveCD and I've SSH'ed in but it
3 >>looks like the CD doesn't have ZFS tools:
4 >>
5 >>livecd ~ # zpool status
6 >>-bash: zpool: command not found
7 >>
8 >>Can I pull this off from here or do I need to mail a different CD to my
9 >>host?
10 >>
11 >>This server has 6 SSDs and I'm planning to set up a 2-way stripe and
12 >>3-way mirror. Any tips that might help me pull this off?
13 >>
14 >>- Grant
15 >
16 > I did this not too long ago, using the boot disc and howto from FearedBliss:
17 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Fearedbliss
20 This looks like a great guide. Are there instructions for extracting
21 a portage archive over my running LiveCD OS so I can then emerge zfs
22 and execute this guide without mailing another CD-R to my host?
23
24 - Grant