From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage performance dropped considerably
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:06:48
1 On 01/26/2014 08:55:35 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Again, I think I'm just lucky.
3
4 I don't think it's luck.
5 A portage system likes to be updated very often (best: each day).
6 I have made the experience that updating a machine which hasn't been
7 updated
8 for a long time (say one year), is just pain.
9
10 Normally, in those cases, I prefer to remove everything from / and
11 /usr, copy an actively maintained machine to it
12 and do the necessary customizations for that machine.
13
14 Helmut