From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Coming up with a password that is very strong.
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 20:52:13
1 On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 14:38:38 -0500, Jack wrote:
2
3 > The problem I have with many of these suggestions is that I have
4 > multiple devices (two desktops, two laptops, tablet, android phone) I
5 > use sufficiently often that I either need to be able to remember the
6 > passwords or have some way of easily accessing them when I'm not
7 > sitting at my main desktop. Other than using a password manager
8 > (which I do not currently have) how to others deal with this?
9
10 If you don't want to use an online passwrd manager like LastPass, you
11 could use a local solution. I use KeePassX, which is available for Linux
12 and Android (and some minority OSes). It stores the passwords in an
13 encrypted database file, protected by a master password. As it's a single
14 file it is easy enough to keep this synchronised between devices. I
15 initially did this with DropBox but soon switched to Syncthing.
16
17 It's just another file to keep synchronised between devices, so use
18 whatever method you already use for that purpose.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 You are about to give someone a piece of your mind,
25 something you can ill afford...