From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 06:47:59
1 Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 5/26/06, Anthony E. Caudel <acaudel@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> I see that KDE 3.5 finally made it out of testing. I plan to upgrade to
5 >> it but since it is slotted, I'll have to unmerge 3.4 first.
8 > You don't need to unmerge 3.4 _first_. You can do it after you have
9 > merged 3.5, although even then it is optional.
10 >
11 >> Does the fact that it does not use the kde
12 >> flag guarantee that it does not need the kde libraries?
15 > No, like all USE flags, the kde flag is only for *optional* kde
16 > support. There are some applications that will not work at all
17 > without KDE, even though they are not part of KDE. Those applications
18 > will not have a kde use flag, but will bring in whatever parts of kde
19 > they depend on. Examples are koffice, kdevelop, kmplayer, kaffeine,
20 > ...
21 >
22 > equery depends kdelibs | grep -v kde-base/
23 >
24 >> Course, I guess I could blithely go along and as apps crash, I'll find
25 >> the others.
28 > revdep-rebuild
29 >
30 > -Richard
31 >
32 Ah, thanks. revdep-rebuild it is.
33
34 Tony
37 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
38 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
39 -- Benjamin Franklin
40 --
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list