From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hungry firefox
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 08:43:48
1 On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 03:28:43 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > >> Occasionally, I've had javascripts running away with the CPU,
4 > >> which stops when I kill FF & restart it. That's just bad JS
5 > >> programming.
6 > > Do you have to kill the whole browser and not just the offending tab?
7 > > That's just bad programming...
8 >
9 > Do you use FF yourself ?
10
11 No, that's why I had to ask :)
12
13 > -- if there's only 1 tab open & you kill it,
14 > it kills the whole FF job too.
15
16 But you can kill a misbehaving tab and everything else is fine? That
17 wasn't what the previous post implied.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Who messed with my anti-paranoia shot?