From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hungry firefox
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 07:28:51
1 150401 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 11:34:19 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> Occasionally, I've had javascripts running away with the CPU,
4 >> which stops when I kill FF & restart it. That's just bad JS programming.
5 > Do you have to kill the whole browser and not just the offending tab?
6 > That's just bad programming...
7
8 Do you use FF yourself ? -- if there's only 1 tab open & you kill it,
9 it kills the whole FF job too. That's usually the circumstance :
10 I've finished reading 'Guardian' (eg) & am doing something else,
11 but the fan is working busily, wearing itself out & irritating me ;
12 when I kill FF -- however I do it -- everything calms down.
13 No, I'm not wasting my time complaining to the Guardian IT dept ...
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca