From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Hungry firefox
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 22:08:02
1 On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 03:28:43 -0400
2 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > 150401 Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > > On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 11:34:19 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
6 > >> Occasionally, I've had javascripts running away with the CPU,
7 > >> which stops when I kill FF & restart it. That's just bad JS
8 > >> programming.
9 > >
10 > > Do you have to kill the whole browser and not just the offending
11 > > tab? That's just bad programming...
12 >
13 > Do you use FF yourself ? -- if there's only 1 tab open & you kill
14 > it, it kills the whole FF job too.
15
16 To change that, enter "about:config" in the address bar, dismiss the
17 warning if you haven't already, then search for
18 browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab and toggle that pref to false.