From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 17:49:24
1 Poison BL. wrote:
2 > Just my 2c as one of the others who doesn't generally reply to what,
3 > at face value, seemed an awful lot more combative/trolling of a tone
4 > than actually useful (disregard != compliance on the internet),
5 > fighting on the topic of 'proper use of mailing lists' when you're
6 > standing in stark contrast to the configuration of the mailing list
7 > you're using to do it, and in the process, telling everyone (many of
8 > which have been around here helping other users for many, many, years)
9 > that they're wrong for using the list they've been using in the manner
10 > they've been using it... when I see your name appear the first time as
11 > long ago as last Dec., is rather on the arrogant side at the least
12 > (I'm not certain if you've been around -dev or another longer, as I
13 > don't believe I'm subscribed on that one). If you're really hellbent
14 > on getting the configuration of the list changed, feel free to take it
15 > up with the person who configures the list, rather than approaching it
16 > by being condescending to the people who consistently use it.
17
18 +1 I see Tom being on a lot of peoples black list. He's burning bridges.
19
20 I been here since 2003 or 2004 if I recall correctly. When I first came
21 here, I conformed my settings to what the people on this list wanted and
22 expected. I was told the same thing people are telling Tom now.
23 Failure to listen and adapt is not going to go well for Tom. It seems
24 Tom wants everyone else to change because he refuses too and on top of
25 that, he thinks no one will do anything if he doesn't.
26
27 I'll give this a day or two. If it doesn't change, bye Tom. That won't
28 just be for this list but also every Gentoo list you are on including -dev.
29
30 Dale
31
35 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!