From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: udev blocks systemd etc
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 19:18:35
1 On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 22:33:05 +0530
2 Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 27/03/13 at 11:27am, »Q« wrote:
5 > > Eventually, as I understand it, GNOME and KDE will require systemd
6 > > because they want full control of they system. For people not using
7 > > GNOME or KDE, other init systems will still be possible, with either
8 > > udev or a udev alternative. I have no idea how far away
9 > > "eventually" will be.
10 >
11 > GNOME maybe/probably, but regarding KDE what makes you say this ?
12 > I don't recall reading anything about this (this one comes to mind but
13 > its got nothing to do with systemd [1]. The author explains in the
14 > comments why he chose not to use systemd). KDE always prides itself
15 > in being cross platform forcing systemd would be terribly
16 > detrimental.
17
18 I don't know where I read that both were headed that way, but I'm glad
19 to see indications that I'm wrong about KDE.
20
21 I'm sorry if I posted FUD.
22
23 > [1] http://dantti.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/1-2-3-plasma/