From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: udev blocks systemd etc
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:59:53
1 On 27/03/13 at 11:27am, »Q« wrote:
2 > Eventually, as I understand it, GNOME and KDE will require systemd
3 > because they want full control of they system. For people not using
4 > GNOME or KDE, other init systems will still be possible, with either
5 > udev or a udev alternative. I have no idea how far away "eventually"
6 > will be.
7
8 GNOME maybe/probably, but regarding KDE what makes you say this ?
9 I don't recall reading anything about this (this one comes to mind but
10 its got nothing to do with systemd [1]. The author explains in the
11 comments why he chose not to use systemd). KDE always prides itself in
12 being cross platform forcing systemd would be terribly detrimental.
13
14 [1] http://dantti.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/1-2-3-plasma/
18 - Yohan Pereira
19
20 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
21 between a mermaid and a seal.
22 -- Mark Twain