From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System hangs when enabling radeon power management
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 17:58:41
1 On 09.01.2012 12:11, Blakawk wrote:
2 > On 2012-01-09 11:51, Blakawk wrote:
3 >> Hi folks !
4 >>
5 >> I am facing a problem since a week now when enabling radeon power
6 >> management following KMS Power Management Options [1]. I have two
7 >> radeon HD 9770 on my system in crossfire configuration, but on Linux I
8 >> only use one of them (the first one on the PCI bus).
9 >
10 > I mistyped the GPU's model name: it is an HD 6770 "Evergreen" using
11 > JUNIPER firmware.
12
13 I have a almost identical problem with my radeon card and KMS.
14 If I build radeon not as a module but inside I only see a black screen
15 and the system hangs.
16 Firmware is correctly build into the kernel (I switched from an older
17 radeon card where everything worked so I know what to do) but it does
18 not work.
19
20 I have to build radeon as a module and load it at startup.
21
22 In /etc/conf.d/modules I have
23 module_radeon_args="modeset=1"
24 so that KMS gets loaded.
25
26 With that setup everything works "just fine" (short of a flicker when
27 KMS gets started) so I keep it that way for now.
28
29 Maybe that works for you too. It is worth a try.
30
31 Greetings
32
33 Sebastian