From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox hangs frequently...
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 00:56:48
1 On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 19:37 -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > fei huang wrote:
6 > > well, I know the post should not shows up at list of gentoo, but the
7 > > problem is really quite annoying and I could not find any useful
8 > > solution through google.
9 > >
10 > > every time I click on the "save link as" or "save image as", firefox
11 > > immediately stops responding, It is said that the problem might be
12 > > caused by the permissions of my last visited folder, but ALL folders
13 > > and files are accessible. I firstly use a new profile, no luck; safe
14 > > mode, no use of course; re-emerge it seemed to make it working for
15 > > only several minutes. besides, it hangs while loading some pages.
16 > >
17 > > I'm using fvwm 2.5.16 and mozilla-firefox-bin 1.5.0.3.
18 > >
19 > > any ideas~ thanks in advance..
20 > >
21 > > daniel
24 > I have seen wierd problems with binary packages. Have you tried
25 > compiling firefox from source yet?
26 >
27 Maybe you should also
28 # emerge -av gentoolkit