From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox hangs frequently...
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 02:13:07
2 > I have seen wierd problems with binary packages. Have you tried
3 > compiling firefox from source yet?
4 >
5 > - --
6 > Jeremy Olexa
7 > (olexa@××××××.edu)
11 yes, It took me more than half an hour to compile it from source last
12 night, um....;--(
13
14 Maybe you should also
15 > # emerge -av gentoolkit
16 > # revdep-rebuild
17 >
18 > HTH,
19 > Matthias
22 > thank you for your help anyway, I already have gentoolkit installed, I
23 noticed the revdep-rebuild fix a lib file regarding to my nvidia driver, I
24 don't think it has any importance.
25 still have that problem...
26
27 well, a lot of wierd problems after I come back to gentoo.. seems much work
28 to do. ;-(
29
30 PS: for now, I guess the problem is caused by some shared objects or libs
31 with wrong version, e.g. gcc. try to change a gcc profile....
32
33 thanks again
34 daniel