From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox hangs frequently...
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 02:29:40
1 On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 10:04 +0800, fei huang wrote:
2 > I have seen wierd problems with binary packages. Have you
3 > tried
4 > compiling firefox from source yet?
5 >
6 > - --
7 > Jeremy Olexa
8 > (olexa@××××××.edu)
11 > yes, It took me more than half an hour to compile it from source
12 > last night, um....;--(
15 > Maybe you should also
16 > # emerge -av gentoolkit
17 > # revdep-rebuild
18 >
19 > HTH,
20 > Matthias
23 > thank you for your help anyway, I already have gentoolkit installed, I
24 > noticed the revdep-rebuild fix a lib file regarding to my nvidia
25 > driver, I don't think it has any importance.
26 > still have that problem...
27 >
28 > well, a lot of wierd problems after I come back to gentoo.. seems much
29 > work to do. ;-(
30 >
31 > PS: for now, I guess the problem is caused by some shared objects or
32 > libs with wrong version, e.g. gcc. try to change a gcc profile....
33 >
34 Did you recently switched to a different version of gcc ?
35 Does firefox write anything to the terminal after crashing ?
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list