From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox hangs frequently...
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 05:14:17
1 On 5/26/06, Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 10:04 +0800, fei huang wrote:
4 > > I have seen wierd problems with binary packages. Have you
5 > > tried
6 > > compiling firefox from source yet?
7 > >
8 > > - --
9 > > Jeremy Olexa
10 > > (olexa@××××××.edu)
13 > > yes, It took me more than half an hour to compile it from source
14 > > last night, um....;--(
17 > > Maybe you should also
18 > > # emerge -av gentoolkit
19 > > # revdep-rebuild
20 > >
21 > > HTH,
22 > > Matthias
25 > > thank you for your help anyway, I already have gentoolkit installed, I
26 > > noticed the revdep-rebuild fix a lib file regarding to my nvidia
27 > > driver, I don't think it has any importance.
28 > > still have that problem...
29 > >
30 > > well, a lot of wierd problems after I come back to gentoo.. seems much
31 > > work to do. ;-(
32 > >
33 > > PS: for now, I guess the problem is caused by some shared objects or
34 > > libs with wrong version, e.g. gcc. try to change a gcc profile....
35 > >
36 > Did you recently switched to a different version of gcc ?
39 I upgraded gcc to version 3.4.5, but still use previous gcc 3.3.6 profile.
40 not switch actually.
41
42 Does firefox write anything to the terminal after crashing ?
45 nothing, I also tried to start firefox through "strace", It stoped at
46 "waitpid" system call, did not write anything after crashing.
47 I've heard somebody compiling firefox with debug infomation, but I don't
48 know
49 how to use that~.
50
51 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
52 >
53 > I use Windows at office, so, have to test it at night, ..