From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] march cflag for Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2160 SLA8Z Malay processor
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 21:53:09
1 On 9/18/18 3:22 AM, gevisz wrote:
2 > Currently, I am prepairing to build Gentoo system on
3 > computer with AMD Athlon 64 X2 for computer with
4 > Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2160 SLA8Z Malay processor.
5 >
6 > What will be the correct march cflag for Intel Pentium
7 > Dual-Core E2160 SLA8Z Malay processor to set up in
8 > make.conf ?
9 >
10 > Am I right to use amd64 stage3 for Intel Pentium
11 > Dual-Core E2160 SLA8Z Malay processor?
12
13 Once the system is 'boostrapped', you can run cpuinfo
14 and look at the flags listed therein. There are way less
15 gentoo flags one can set for a CPU, than what cpuinfo reveals.
16 Also some might not be a good idea to set; you have to ferret
17 out those details per your cpu(s).
20 hth,
21 James