From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD configuration
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 20:20:03
1 Jacques Montier writes:
2
3 > I bought a 250Go SSD M4 Crucial , read (of course) Gentoo documentation
4 > and installed the drive on my desktop pc (Asus MB, Intel ie7 and 6Go RAM).
5 >
6 > 1- Everything seems to work perfectly, but i would like to know if my
7 > configuration is ok or could be optimized.
8 >
9 > /tmp and /var/log are on tmpfs
10
11 Like Volker said. Yikes! Or is that just a typo and you meant /var/tmp?
12 Still, I would prefer to have that on the HDD.
13
14 > /boot, / and /var are on SSD (sda),
15 > swap, /home, /usr/portage, /var/tmp and /var/log on a 1To SATA HDD (sdb)
16
17 I would put the portage tree on the SDD.
18
19 Wonko