From: Jacques Montier <jmontier@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD configuration
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 21:44:49
1 2012/11/25 Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
2
3 > Jacques Montier writes:
4 >
5 > I bought a 250Go SSD M4 Crucial , read (of course) Gentoo documentation
6 >> and installed the drive on my desktop pc (Asus MB, Intel ie7 and 6Go RAM).
7 >>
8 >> 1- Everything seems to work perfectly, but i would like to know if my
9 >> configuration is ok or could be optimized.
10 >>
11 >> /tmp and /var/log are on tmpfs
14 > Like Volker said. Yikes! Or is that just a typo and you meant /var/tmp?
15 > Still, I would prefer to have that on the HDD.
18 > /boot, / and /var are on SSD (sda),
19 >> swap, /home, /usr/portage, /var/tmp and /var/log on a 1To SATA HDD (sdb)
22 > I would put the portage tree on the SDD.
23 >
24 > Wonko
28 Alex,
29
30 Each time you sync the portage, you should write on the SSD...
31 Is it a good thing ?
32 As Volker said, i put /var on the HDD, and it works fine.
33
34 Regards,
37 Jacques