From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] blocking facebook
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 04:23:57
1 On 12/11/2015 09:05 PM, Simon Thelen wrote:
2 > On 15-12-11 at 20:03, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> Does anybody have an idea how to block facebook?
4 > The only way to blacklist facebook would be to create a whitelist and
5 > drop everything not on said whitelist.
6 >
7 > If you block DNS, they can use a different DNS server. If you block IP
8 > addresses they'll use a proxy/vpn. If you use deep packet inspection
9 > they'll use TLS or a VPN or an SSH tunnel.
10 >
11 > If you can control the systems so that they don't do any of the above,
12 > it's possible but you've admitted that you can't (unless you can
13 > control all the Virtualbox instances).
14
15 The users are not that knowledgeable to do any of that DNS, proxy/vpn etc.
16 I know VirtualBox IP address and can block the page "facebook" for
17 individual IP or certain range in dd-wrt. But my problem is getting the
18 dd-wrt "access control" to recognize and block "https".
19 Trying to block by URL: https://www.facebook.com/ doesn't work.
22 Thelma