From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] netifrc, configure by SSID and MAC simultaneously?
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 23:08:43
1 On Friday 21 Apr 2017 13:39:52 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > I was referring to the situation where you use the DHCP server to give
4 > out pseudo-static addresses. I have always used addresses outside of, but
5 > in the same subnet as, the reserved range. The reserved range just tells
6 > the DHCP server which addresses to use in the absence of any other
7 > specifications.
8
9 Eh? How do you do that? You tell the router what range of addresses it can
10 use, then you tell it to use one outside that range? Can't be done - if I've
11 understood you.
14 Regards
15 Peter