From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] switch to profile 17.0 complete, completely painless
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 23:09:40
1 On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 18:20:54 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > I had trouble with qtwebengine. It seemed to be an issue with icu-60.*
4 > but I wasn't prepared to downgrade to icu-59.* just as a test (icu
5 > changes here tend to trigger a rebuild of half of world), and a recent
6 > bug on b.g.o. backed up with I was thinking.
7 >
8 > It built fine with this in package.use:
9 >
10 > =dev-qt/qtwebengine-5.9.3 -system-ffmpeg -system-icu
11 >
12 > Yes, I did do it, favoured bundled libs instead of system ones. But I
13 > was also having similar issues with bundled vs system ffmpeg for kodi,
14 > and this was the easiest way to get past it and finish a 17.0 migration
15
16 Or you could have searched bgo...
17
18 https://bugs.gentoo.org/639220
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Synonym: a word you use when you can't spell the other one.