From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] switch to profile 17.0 complete, completely painless
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 16:26:31
1 On 06/12/2017 17:38, Andrés Becerra Sandoval wrote:
4 > 2017-12-06 2:18 GMT-05:00 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
5 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>>:
6 >
7 > Raffaele Belardi wrote:
8 > > One (~x86) LXDE system completed the switch with no problem, the
9 > other (~amd64) built all
10 > > except two packaged (sdlmame and torcs) which did not build with
11 > gcc-7.2 even before the
12 > > switch to 17.0.
13 > >
14 > > Gentoo devs and arch testers did a good job as usual.
15 > >
16 > > I'll do the switch on the Gnome system in the next days but up to
17 > now I can say that the
18 > > switch to 17.0 is a _lot_ less painful than switching major
19 > compiler version.
20 > >
21 > > raffaele
26 > I'm having trouble with these:
27 >
28 > net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.4.11-r200
29 > dev-qt/qtwebengine-5.9.3
30 > net-libs/webkit-gtk
31 >
32 > Those three, I've had to adjust the USE flags and it may or may not be
33 > profile switch related.  If I had to guess, it just happened to pop up
34 > and isn't related to the switch.  They are back in the rear compiling as
35 > I type.
38 > ​Dale,
39 >
40 > How did you merge qtwebengine?
43 I had trouble with qtwebengine. It seemed to be an issue with icu-60.*
44 but I wasn't prepared to downgrade to icu-59.* just as a test (icu
45 changes here tend to trigger a rebuild of half of world), and a recent
46 bug on b.g.o. backed up with I was thinking.
47
48 It built fine with this in package.use:
49
50 =dev-qt/qtwebengine-5.9.3 -system-ffmpeg -system-icu
51
52 Yes, I did do it, favoured bundled libs instead of system ones. But I
53 was also having similar issues with bundled vs system ffmpeg for kodi,
54 and this was the easiest way to get past it and finish a 17.0 migration
58 Alan McKinnon
59 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com