From: Konstantinos Bekiaris <konstantinos@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: revdep-rebuild keeps reinstalling binutils
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 22:03:16
1 On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 10:41 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 02/06/2010 10:05 PM, Konstantinos Bekiaris wrote:
4 >
5 >> ...i upgrade my system through emerge -uDN world and then i run emerge
6 >> --depclean and revdep-rebuild. After that when i tried gcc/g++ i get:
7 >> gcc-config: error: could not run/locate 'gcc'. Additionally, i noticed that
8 >>
9 >> there is a problem with python, because when i try to use vi i get: vi:
10 >> error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.5.so.1.0: cannot open
11 >> shared object file: No such file or directory. If i try to emerge -uDN
12 >> world, the upgrade fails. Also, the
13 >> revdep-rebuild fails. I attached a log. Any ideas?
16 > I'm guessing that depclean removed some packages that are still needed.
17 >
18 > Do you have python-2.6.4 on your machine? You should. What about
19 > gcc-config-1.4.1 and gcc-4.3.4? vi is linked to an obsolete version
20 > of python, so it needs to be re-emerged manually if revdep-rebuild
21 > won't run properly. I'm guessing that vi may not be the only package
22 > that's linked against an obsolete python library, so python-updater
23 > may be worth a try.
28 Ok, nice approach. The problem is that no package can be installed because
29 the compiler gcc is not working...this is Gentoo...everything has to do with
30 compiling. The solution of the problem starts with fixing gcc by hand. (You
31 are right about python, i have an older version).So?