From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: revdep-rebuild keeps reinstalling binutils
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 21:09:55
1 On 02/06/2010 10:05 PM, Konstantinos Bekiaris wrote:
2 > ...i upgrade my system through emerge -uDN world and then i run emerge --depclean and revdep-rebuild. After that when i tried gcc/g++ i get: gcc-config: error: could not run/locate 'gcc'. Additionally, i noticed that
3 > there is a problem with python, because when i try to use vi i get: vi: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.5.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. If i try to emerge -uDN world, the upgrade fails. Also, the
4 > revdep-rebuild fails. I attached a log. Any ideas?
5
6 I'm guessing that depclean removed some packages that are still needed.
7
8 Do you have python-2.6.4 on your machine? You should. What about
9 gcc-config-1.4.1 and gcc-4.3.4? vi is linked to an obsolete version
10 of python, so it needs to be re-emerged manually if revdep-rebuild
11 won't run properly. I'm guessing that vi may not be the only package
12 that's linked against an obsolete python library, so python-updater
13 may be worth a try.