From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How does Gentoo deal with GCC's header fixes?
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:57:33
1 On 09/09/2010 04:48 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > Just want to point out that this was about GCC's fixed headers, not glibc, which makes it off-topic and completely unrelated to the original topic :)
4
5 Huh? Who are you? Oh, wait, this was your thread. Sorry, I forgot about you :p
6
7 The first sentence from the link you posted:
8
9 GCC needs to install corrected versions of some system header files.
10
11 I'm supposing (being the exspurt I am) that 'system header files' refers to
12 the linux-kernel-header files. I say that because the long-standing *ix
13 tradition is to equate the word 'system' (or 'sys') with the kernel or its
14 source code.
15
16 Come to think of it, I'm really speaking of the BSD world, where /usr/src/sys
17 is where the kernel code lives, unlike /usr/src/linux.
18
19 In other words, I'm just guessing.
20
21 Next expert..?