From: ionut cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ERROR: cannot start hwclock as fsck would not start
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 06:30:09
1 On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:32:31 -0700
2 "Hilco Wijbenga" <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > I've had the above error during boot for quite some time now so
7 > clearly it doesn't have too major consequences. :-) I would, however,
8 > like to understand what's going on and then, if possible, fix it.
9 >
10 > The first thing I tried was to grep for (parts of) this error in the
11 > /etc/init.d scripts but that yielded nothing. Using extra ewarns in
12 > /etc/init.d/hwclock and /etc/init.d/fsck I discovered that both
13 > hwclock and fsck *do* indeed run (but after the error is displayed).
14 > Looking in other places (/usr/lib/portage, /usr/portage, /etc) didn't
15 > yield anything useful either.
16 >
17 > lion ~ # rc-update show
18 > gpm | default
19 > ntp-client | default
20 > fsck | boot
21 > hald | default
22 > mtab | boot
23 > ntpd | default
24 > root | boot
25 > swap | boot
26 > keymaps | boot
27 > local | default nonetwork
28 > vixie-cron | default
29 > syslog-ng | default
30 > maradns | default
31 > localmount | boot
32 > consolefont | boot
33 > modules | boot
34 > hostname | boot
35 > net.lo | boot
36 > net.eth0 | default
37 > procfs | boot
38 > netmount | default
39 > sysctl | boot
40 > urandom | boot
41 > termencoding | boot
42 > hwclock | boot
43 > bootmisc | boot
44 > device-mapper | boot
45 > alsasound | boot
46 >
47 > Any ideas?
48 >
49 > Cheers,
50 > Hilco
51 >
52 Same here with that error, didn't even noticed it till now. Maybe we
53 should open a bug report