From: Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] ERROR: cannot start hwclock as fsck would not start
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 05:32:46
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've had the above error during boot for quite some time now so
4 clearly it doesn't have too major consequences. :-) I would, however,
5 like to understand what's going on and then, if possible, fix it.
6
7 The first thing I tried was to grep for (parts of) this error in the
8 /etc/init.d scripts but that yielded nothing. Using extra ewarns in
9 /etc/init.d/hwclock and /etc/init.d/fsck I discovered that both
10 hwclock and fsck *do* indeed run (but after the error is displayed).
11 Looking in other places (/usr/lib/portage, /usr/portage, /etc) didn't
12 yield anything useful either.
13
14 lion ~ # rc-update show
15 gpm | default