From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Foss hardened router?
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 18:17:15
1 Andrew Savchenko <bircoph <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > You can always build a Hardened Gentoo router yourself, this is
5 > what I'm (slowly) doing now for my home; though it is an i3-based
6 > system, not an embedded hardware (I really doubt that embedded
7 > hardware will be able to handle 1 Gbps encrypted connections.)
8
9 Yea, I thought about a small x64 based box too.
10
11 Gig ethernet over GPON fiber, but the ISP has me chocked to
12 3mbps so a dual core 64 bit processor should be able to handle that...
13
14 Perhaps a gentoo-hardened version of ::
15 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Home_Router
16 would speed your efforts? Surely a generic hardened version
17 would speed up my efforts.....
20 Which libc are you using? musl ?
21 GPU acceleration on anything related to security ?
22
23 Do you flag your files with app-forensics/aide ?
24
25 Any other tidbits ?
26
27 > Best regards,