From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Foss hardened router?
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 17:37:32
1 On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 13:55:41 +0000 (UTC) James wrote:
2 > Hello,
5 > Ideally, there would be a gentoo-based hardened router for sale somewhere,
6 > where I could merely configure iptables and add a few extra codes?
7 > But, I cannot seem to be able to locate such a product for sale,
8 > nor router company willing to configure such for an extra fee.
11 > So, dropping the Gentoo requirement (although still desired) is
12 > there a hardened (linux distro) router out there for sale that
13 > work for a small office environment? I have too many projects, atm,
14 > so I know I can build something, but was hoping for an off the shelf
15 > Foss hardened router. (3) gigE ports with or without wifi is fine.
16
17 You can always build a Hardened Gentoo router yourself, this is
18 what I'm (slowly) doing now for my home; though it is an i3-based
19 system, not an embedded hardware (I really doubt that embedded
20 hardware will be able to handle 1 Gbps encrypted connections.)
21
22 Best regards,
23 Andrew Savchenko