From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why are gentoo people so in love with colorized output?!?
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 15:23:55
1 On 2007-04-05, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:24:02 +0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> > But, it does! The colors are very useful!
5 >>
6 >> Only on certain terminals. They're quite unreadable on a white
7 >> background (which has always been the default for xterm and
8 >> it's descendants, right?).
9 >
10 > Those particular colours are less useful, because they are designed for a
11 > black background,
12
13 But the default background on terminals under X has always been
14 white (at least as long as I remember). Are there really a lot
15 of Gentoo users who just run on the console and don't use X?
16
17 > but it is easy enough to change to a more suitable selection.
18
19 My point was why default to something that isn't useful for the
20 standard terminal emulators like xterm, aterm, rxvt, etc. Are
21 there common terminal emulators that default to a black
22 background?
25 Grant Edwards grante Yow! ... I want to perform
26 at cranial activities with
27 visi.com Tuesday Weld!!
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list