From: Eray Aslan <eray.aslan@×××××××.tr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IMAP server recommendations.
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 05:10:41
1 On 17.05.2007 06:52, Josh Helmer wrote:
2 > I was just looking for some opinions. I am replacing my current mail server.
3 > Right now I am using courier-imap and I am happy with it. The only thing
4 > that concerns me is that I have heard grumblings that courier has some
5 > security issues. I was just curious which IMAP server other people would
6 > recommend or perhaps if I am best off just sticking with what I know. My
7 > current setup is very simple. My only real requirements are SSL and maildir
8 > support. I connect using either Kmail or Thunderbird.
9
10 We recently switched from courier-imap to dovecot (imaps only maildir
11 support with Thunderbird and squirrelmail as mail clients). Peak load
12 went from 10-12 to about 1 and response is much better especially on big
13 folders. If your server is not heavily used, I suggest that you stick
14 with what you know. Otherwise, you can give dovecot a try.
17 Eray