From: Anton Molyboha <anton.stay.connected@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Autoexecute when "returning" from sudo ?
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 11:37:56
1 Hi, Meino
2
3 I'd make a script, sudo_with_rehash:
4
5 sudo "$@"
6 rehash
7
8 and add to whatever is the equivalent of .bashrc for zsh:
9
10 alias sudo="source sudo_with_rehash"
11
12 Would that work for you?
13
14 Best,
15 Anton
16
17 On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 4:49 AM <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
18
19 > Hi,
20 >
21 > often I have this scenario:
22 > I miss an application/script, a setting or something like that.
23 > To apply the modifikation I becom root from the shell I was using as user.
24 > I modificate/install or whatever change is needed...
25 > I CTRL-D back to my user shell.
26 >
27 > Now I have to do a "rehash" (I am using zsh) to make the change
28 > visible/accessible. Sometimes I forget that.
29 >
30 > So...is it possible to auto-execute a "rehash" or whatever is needed,
31 > when the user is comeing back from his alternate life as root?
32 >
33 > Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
34 > Cheers!
35 > Meino