From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happened to OpenRC 0.9.6?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:17:47
1 Am 13.12.2011 00:25, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2 > On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 23:23:16 +0100
3 > Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 >>> Same here. All my server VMs work just fine with parallel enabled.
6 >>> There's nothing complex in them, they tend to be single-service
7 >>> machines.
8 >>>
9 >>
10 >> Don't tell me you reboot your servers so often that it is necessary to
11 >> tune the boot process for every last second. And please tell me you
12 >> make the time slots for scheduled reboots large enough for trouble
13 >> shooting, thereby not requiring every last second, either.
14 >
15 > I think you misunderstand me. I basically said:
16 >
17 > "Parallel init out the box? Works for me."
18 >
19 > I said nothing else. Especially not that I test it often, that I need
20 > it, that I know exactly what I'm going to do with the 3 seconds I save
21 > or anything else other than one single data point in the discussion
22 > about problematic parallel init - that it works for me with simple
23 > setups.
27 Yeah, and this was not meant as an attack specifically to you. Sorry if
28 it sounded somewhat harsh. The issue (as stated by James) is: Is it
29 worth putting in effort to keep this feature? My answer is: Probably
30 not, for the given reasons.
31
32 Regards,
33 Florian Philipp