From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happened to OpenRC 0.9.6?
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 23:26:23
1 On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 23:23:16 +0100
2 Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > > Same here. All my server VMs work just fine with parallel enabled.
5 > > There's nothing complex in them, they tend to be single-service
6 > > machines.
9 > Don't tell me you reboot your servers so often that it is necessary to
10 > tune the boot process for every last second. And please tell me you
11 > make the time slots for scheduled reboots large enough for trouble
12 > shooting, thereby not requiring every last second, either.
13
14 I think you misunderstand me. I basically said:
15
16 "Parallel init out the box? Works for me."
17
18 I said nothing else. Especially not that I test it often, that I need
19 it, that I know exactly what I'm going to do with the 3 seconds I save
20 or anything else other than one single data point in the discussion
21 about problematic parallel init - that it works for me with simple
22 setups.
26 Alan McKinnnon
27 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com