From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev and initrd
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:46:01
1 On Tuesday 09 August 2005 23:43, Joe Rizzo wrote:
2 > Hi-
3 > I am trying to convert to using udev instead of devfs. I need to load a
4 > raid controller module to access to root fs. I am using mkinitrd to
5 > create the initrd, however the root partition is not mounting.
6 >
7 > The driver module is loading but the root partition is not mounting.
8 > The partition is fine and ext3 is compiled into the kernel. This was
9 > working when using devfs.
10 >
11 > How do I get this to work? Do I need devfs compiled into the kernel?
12 >
13 > Thanks for the help,
14 > Joe Rizzo
17 no, you do not need devfs, but why do you use a module and do not compile the
18 driver into the kernel?
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list