From: "Randolph Maaßen" <r.maassen60@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which VM do you recommend?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:40:22
1 2013/7/30 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>:
2 > On 07/30/2013 10:11:54 AM, Randolph Maaßen wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I'm using qemu-kvm for hoisting a Windows 7, but always typing the
7 >> long commandline is anoying, so I wrote a little script to start the
8 >> VM. I recently switched to libvirt and virt-manager, which do the
9 >> commandline work for me, and creatting new VMs or starting them is
10 >> quiet easy. This system also supports running the VM in background, if
11 >> this is important to you. It needs a couple of kernel modules to work,
12 >> but emerge will promt to you what it needs.
13 >>
14 >> I'm not on my gentoo machine at the moment, so I can't provide you
15 >> details on USE-flags, but I can say I have the QUEM_TAGET varables set
16 >> to i386, x86_64
19 > Is it possible to convert the VirtualBox VDI file to one used by qemu-kvm?
20
21 If youn want to give qemu a try, you can open the VDI directly, or
22 convert it as described here http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU/Images
25 > Thanks,
26 > Helmut
33 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
34
35 Randolph Maaßen