From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SATA drive controller and Linux driver.
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 18:46:00
1 On 2018.12.03 21:59, Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I found the manufacturer website.  It says this card supports Hot
5 > Plug and Hot Swap.  Have you ever did this?  If so, any problems?  I
6 > don't know why but outside of USB, that sort of thing makes me
7 > nervous.  I'm old school I guess.  Plugging things into a computer
8 > was always done when the puter was off.
9
10 I don't have this card, but I have done a hot plug (and unplug) of an
11 internal SATA drive several times, and it has worked for me without any
12 issues. Just remember to unmount anything before unplugging :-)
13
14 Jack