From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SATA drive controller and Linux driver.
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 20:35:45
1 Jack wrote:
2 > On 2018.12.03 21:59, Dale wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I found the manufacturer website.  It says this card supports Hot
6 >> Plug and Hot Swap.  Have you ever did this?  If so, any problems?  I
7 >> don't know why but outside of USB, that sort of thing makes me
8 >> nervous.  I'm old school I guess.  Plugging things into a computer
9 >> was always done when the puter was off.
10 >
11 > I don't have this card, but I have done a hot plug (and unplug) of an
12 > internal SATA drive several times, and it has worked for me without
13 > any issues.  Just remember to unmount anything before unplugging :-)
14 >
15 > Jack
19 Thanks for the info.  My mobo supports it to but I still cut it off
20 before doing it.  Messing up a card isn't as big a deal as having a mobo
21 go out when one has only one puter.  Still, nice to know that others
22 have done it without problems.  Sort of moves it from theory to
23 reality.  lol
24
25 Thanks.
26