From: Melleus <melleus@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange Xmonad problem
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 17:57:27
1 R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Simon Thelen <gentoo-user@××××.de> wrote:
4 >> On 17-09-27 at 19:22, Melleus wrote:
5 >>> After last update my Xmonad starts from 8-th workspace instead of
6 >>> 1-st. I did not change anything but updated Xmonad and GHC, config
7 >>> remained the same (file attached). What have I done wrong other than I'd
8 >>> better not updated my system?
9 >>>
10 >>> Thank you ahead of time.
11 >>>
12 >> https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad/blob/master/CHANGES.md#014-not-yet-released
13 >>
14 >> Probably the Bug Fix listed under 0.14 (Not Yet Released)
15 >> try deleting ~/.xmonad/xmonad.state before starting xmonad
18 > With a lot of these programs (tiling window managers and their
19 > supporting utilities) it's useful to track the repository directly.
20 > Sadly it looks like Xmonad doesn't have a **9999 version.
21 >
22 > Cheers,
23 > R0b0t1
24
25 I come from Debian's land. They have the stable branch that I had been
26 using. And I used to get the updates only when they are matured and can
27 do no harm to the system. Gentoo in this aspect is more like the testing
28 branch of Debian even though I set up amd64 (stable) keyword in my
29 portage configuration. And I doubt that following upstream repos would
30 add stability to my system. At least until I make myself expert with
31 Gentoo.
32
33 Cheers,
34 Melleus