From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: new machine : case fan
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 12:28:08
1 150917 james wrote:
2 > Make sure your case has a big and quiet fan to draw air across the HD.
3
4 My case -- Deepcool Terraract BF -- has a fan in the wall :
5 none of my previous cases had one, so I'm not sure how to connect it.
6 It has a 3-pin plug & the Mobo -- Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P --
7 has 2 3-pin sockets marked 'power fan' & 'system fan'.
8 I've tried plugging the case fan into both, but it doesn't run.
9 The various manuals + I/net sites don't offer any advice.
10
11 Which is the correct socket or should both be ok ?
12 Does the case fan run only when the inside starts getting too hot ?
13
14 The machine has woken up -- it's like having a baby (grin) --
15 & BIOS shows everything is running as expected.
16
17 Thanks for the useful help previously : fan advice wb welcome.
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca