From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying to get rid of errors related to glib
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:25:01
1 On Friday 19 January 2007 15:26, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > it's a while now since I get errors when portage tries to unmerge
3 > dev-libs/glib-2.10.3 (for example when doing "emerge -avu world).
4 [SNIP]
5 > I added it to package.keywords for a try, as I have this on my desktop
6 > machine without these problems. But it didn't solve this issue.
7
8 This is an unmerge problem not an emerge problem. The only thing that it might
9 help emerging is another version of portage.
10
11 > It doesn't make any real problems but it's not set up the correct way
12 > when throwing errors ;)
13
14 Your system is in an illegal state as you have two versions of glib in the
15 same slot.
16
17 > Any hints on this?
18
19 Make sure that you have the latest portage (either latest stable or latest
20 ~arch) i.e. run `emerge -u portage`. If that doesn't fix it I think you
21 should file a bug against portage at bugs.gentoo.org. In the future as well
22 as on bugs.gentoo.org please include `emerge --info` with portage tracebacks.
25 Bo Andresen