From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird pauses making me nuts
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:38:23
1 Robert Svoboda schreef:
2 > * Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl> [2005-10-31 18:50]:
3 >
4 >> Hey, all,
7 > Hi,
8 >
9 > [...]
12 >> Since all the problems seem to be related to the X server, maybe
13 >> it's an X problem;
16 > So have you tried it without X running?
19 Not yet; can't kill X without killing a couple of high-priority jobs
20 (both in computer terms and in RL terms), otherwise I would have tried that.
21
22 But it's a fair question.
23
24 On that note, though; what the heck could I do to test, without X? I
25 can't think of much else than running a movie under command-line
26 mPlayer, and while that sounds like a pretty valid test as far as it
27 goes, I'm not sure it goes far enough to be adequate.
28
29 What else could I do alongside it, other than running an emerge or
30 something?
31
32 Holly
33 --