From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pam-login and shadow-4.0.15-r2
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:13:33
1 On 19 Jul 2006, at 18:31, Matthias Guede wrote:
2
3 > Matthias Guede wrote:
4 >> Kris Kerwin wrote:
5 >>> Hi all,
6 >>>
7 >>> I haven't emerged my system in a while because of this problem, and
8 >>> now it is getting back to me.
9 >>>
10 >>> pam-login reports that it is being blocked by
11 >>> >=sys-apps/shadow-4.0.15-r2. ...
12 >>
13 >> Just unmerge shadow and update pam-login after that. And do not
14 >> log out
15 >> between these two steps ;)
16 >>
17 >> There is also a thread:http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-
18 >> t-443022.html
19 >
20 > Do _not_ do this!
21 >
22 > It's the other way around: unmerge pam-login and update shadow !!!
23
24 Sorry to revisit this thread so late, but I have got the same problem
25 on a system that hasn't been updated in some months.
26
27 There seemed to be some very strange behaviour over this blocking and
28 I ended up unmerging both pam-login & shadow; now indeed I seem able
29 to emerge shadow.
30
31 However my question is this: don't I need pam-login anymore?
32
33 On this particular system /etc/pam.d/imap calls pam_winbind.so to
34 authenticate off a Windows domain. Will this still work?
35
36 Stroller.
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list