From: Matthias Guede <matthias.guede@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pam-login and shadow-4.0.15-r2
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:17:21
1 Matthias Guede wrote:
2 > Kris Kerwin wrote:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >>
5 >> I haven't emerged my system in a while because of this problem, and
6 >> now it is getting back to me.
7 >>
8 >> pam-login reports that it is being blocked by
9 >>> =sys-apps/shadow-4.0.15-r2. The problem here is that there are no
10 >> versions of shadow less than that that are still in the portage tree.
11 >> Further, that version of shadow is blocking all versions of
12 >> pam-login.
13 >>
14 >> Is there a virtual out there that I can use to take out one of these
15 >> packages and replace with another package in the same virtual? Or,
16 >> are there any other steps that need to be taken?
17 >>
18 >> Kris
19 >
20 > Just unmerge shadow and update pam-login after that. And do not log out
21 > between these two steps ;)
22 >
23 > There is also a thread:http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-443022.html
24
25 Do _not_ do this!
26
27 It's the other way around: unmerge pam-login and update shadow !!!
28
29 Sorry, it's hot here today.
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list